It’s 2011, and due to global warming and the shifting of tectonic plates, most of the Earth’s land mass has sunk beneath the surface of the ocean. Only Japan remains, and refugees from all nations try to incorporate themselves into Japanese society: famous American actors do TV costume samurai dramas, white women serve as French maids for middle-class families, the former leaders of China and South Korea act as lapdogs for the Prime Minster, and foreigners who don’t sufficiently blend in are arrested! Yet geologists have begun to detect signs of another looming global catastrophe, one that threatens to destroy the last piece of earth remaining.
- Anamorphic (1.85:1) Widescreen Transfer
- Japanese Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Newly-Translated, Removable English Subtitles
- Audio Commentary with Director Minoru Kawasaki and Actor Takenori Murano
- “Making Of” Featurette
- Introductions from Cast and Director
- Theatrical Trailer